Bridal beauty expert Sarah Brock reveals her top tips and shows us how to recreate this cover girl’s radiant look:
1. Preparation is key. Every bride needs to prepare her skin by using a light moisturiser. I applied Hydra Beauty Gel-Creme all over the face and the Hydra Beauty Gel Yeux to the eyes. Not forgetting the lips: avoid any dryness on the lip area by applying the Hydra Beauty Nutrition Nourishing Lip Balm.
SEE THE LATEST IN THE WORLD OF BRIDAL BEAUTY
2. The skin needs to look fresh and luminous, so before applying the foundation I used a small amount of Le Blanc de Chanel all over the face.
3. Using a foundation brush, I used Vitalumiere Satin Fluid Makeup (shade 30) to blend all over the face. Start in the centre and work the product outwards towards the hairline.
4. To lighten under the eyes (and cover any dark circles), using my fingers I applied the Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer (shade 20) and patted well until it was perfectly blended.
A/W 2016 BACKSTAGE BRIDAL LOOKS
5. Next you need to set your foundation. Using a powder brush, apply the Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder. Only apply a small amount (as you don’t want the skin to look too matte) and don’t forget your eyelids, as this will help stop your eyeshadows from creasing.
6. To achieve a gorgeous, radiant bridal glow, take the Joues Contrast Blush in shade Alezane and using a blusher brush, apply to the apple of the cheek and blend upwards and outwards towards the hairline.
7. It’s really important to define your brows – I like to use a powder product as it is more long lasting and gives a more natural finish. Take the Le Sourcil de Chanel Perfect Brows Palette and brush the powder in short strokes through the brows. Comb through after with a brow comb to blend and soften the look.
LOOK PRETTY IN ANY WEATHER
8. The eyeshadow tones that I used in this look were all natural, as it creates a classic look that won’t date. I used the Creation Exclusive Palette and applied the golden beige colour from lash line to brow. Next, I applied a wash of the beige colour to the eyelid and then applied a tiny amount of the bronze colour to the contour and a small amount under the eye. The key to beautiful eyeshadow is to always blend well with a soft, clean eyeshadow brush.
9. No matter how natural your eye makeup, every bride looks amazing with a small amount of black liner across the top lash line (to make eyes pop!). The Ecriture de Chanel Eyeliner Pen makes it so easy to apply a thin line, or thicker if you prefer, right next to the upper lashes.
10. To define the eyes even more, I applied a tiny amount of the Stylo Yeux Waterproof long-lasting eyeliner pencil in shade Ecorces (a deep brown colour) to the inner, lower waterline.
CELEBRITY BRIDAL BEAUTY ICONS
11. Always curl your lashes before mascara and then apply a few coats – always more on the top lashes than on the bottom – of the Le Volume de Chanel Waterproof in shade Noir.
Complete your makeup look by applying the Rouge Allure Gloss (a lipstick and gloss in one). I went for shade ‘Seduction’.
12. Finally, don’t forget your décolleté and arms – it is important that the skin on your body looks moisturised and beautiful too – apply the Chanel Body Excellence Firming Moisture Milk for a healthy, toned look to your skin.